Sunday, March 25, 2018

This is Not a Moment, It's the MOVEMENT


Young people enact change. 

If people walked into my classroom, they would probably wonder why I'm so intense with my students. It's because I know what they are capable of. Yes, affluence matters to some degree, but it's heart that pushes convictions over the edge. 

Civil Rights Movement. Vietnam War Draft. American Revolution. Let Girls Learn Initiative. 

These movements began and ended with youth. These kids are the future of our country and they WILL enact change. 

America stands with you, Emma.




This is an 11-year old girl with a commanding presence and a powerful voice. She mentioned every young black female victim who hasn't made the front page. She led the walkout at her elementary school. 

Even my students know our president is a "bad guy." We should lower the voting age so kids like this could have a true voice. 

America stands with you, Naomi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lin Manuel

“Legacy. What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” - from "The World Was Wide Enough" in Hamilton I...