Saturday, March 17, 2018

Fit and Fabulous

PSA: I haven't posted in like a WEEK, so this is going to be a 2-parter. 

Happy Spring Break! For those teachers and students enjoying their week off, congratulations! You made it 75% through the year! For those teachers and students not on break yet, your week will come quicker than you realize. For those non-teachers and non-students, you still get paid vacation whenever you please, so take it and enjoy whenever you feel like it. 

This week has been a whirlwind for me! I finished up the 3rd quarter with my students (which is what I meant when I said we were 75% through the year).  I also got to see my cousin and her husband visiting from D.C., and we had a blast Friday night. According to my cousin's husband "politics is a sport in [our] family," so that was mostly the topic of conversation. (Not going to get into that for this post, but probably will at some point.) 

Then, last Saturday morning, my mom and I completed a 5K at a local park here in Tampa. It was a glorious morning and we both had a great time! For those of you who don't know, a 5K is 3.1 miles. My beastly mom ran 2.1 of those miles consecutive! (Whereas your girl here still can't run more than a quarter of a mile consecutive. But I'll get there.) HOWEVER, I was the best time for my age group, which gobsmacked me (I've been watching Australia's Next Top Model on Hulu, so that's where I got that word.) My ever cool, calm, collected reaction was "Are you serious?" 😄 

I never thought I could push myself to do as well as I did in a fitness event! But, well here comes the QUOP. 


"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - President FDR 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lin Manuel

“Legacy. What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” - from "The World Was Wide Enough" in Hamilton I...