Monday, March 5, 2018

Audrey's Academy Awards Analysis

As I sat there watching the Oscars last night, here are some random thoughts in my mind. 

- I think I’m the only 11-year-old who sat through all 3 hours of The Sound of Music. As such, I’ve always loved Christopher Plummer and I’m thrilled he’s still acting. 

- Gary Oldman is a damn chameleon. I'm glad the makeup artists and he himself won awards. 

- Tiffany and Maya are DREAM TEAM. They were CRACKING ME UP. 

- The montage was great! I am an avid moviegoer and my dad and I were name-dropping the movies. 

- COCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost cried that it was so well-recognized. (I'm a Disney junkie also in case you haven't noticed).  Lee Unkrich is such a visionary! 



- I'm an old lady, so needless to say, I fell asleep way before they ended. Is anyone really surprised though, that Shape of Water won Best Picture? 

- Frances McDormand is a badass. 

I'll probably post something else after dinner, but I hope you enjoyed Audrey's Awards Analysis (yes, I like alliteration too. Can't you tell from my blog name?). 

Btw, special shoutout to Jordan for the positive feedback! Thank you for reading and responding! I had no idea how this was going to go but it's such fun!  

QUOP: Film is one of the three universal languages, the other two: mathematics and music.- director Frank Capra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lin Manuel

“Legacy. What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” - from "The World Was Wide Enough" in Hamilton I...