Sunday, March 4, 2018

My Life

I know this is the name of a fabulous Billy Joel song, but I just wanted to take some time to post more about my purpose in this project. 

I’ve chosen not to tell my parents about this project. I’m not sure how they’d feel about me broadcasting my private thoughts over the internet (although I’m not posting anything too personal. This isn’t that kind of blog). 

I’ve decided to take some “Daniadvice” (new word that combines my therapist’s name and advice). She says that when I’m starting something new (or doing anything in life) I should consider: 
What would I accomplish by sharing this with someone? 
What would happen if I do? 

If the outcome of sharing something is less than desirable, then don’t share it. People are judgmental, even when they don’t mean to be, and oftentimes sharing something you’re excited about does more harm than good. So enjoy your endeavors (and maybe share things with the Internet instead). 



QUOP: "... aah but sooner or later you sleep in your own space. Either way it's ok you wake up with yourself...I don't care what you say anymore this is my life. Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone." - Billy Joel 

Side note: Billy actually wrote this song because he had to live with his parents for a time and he wanted them to realize he was going to be okay and he was more worried about living with himself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lin Manuel

“Legacy. What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” - from "The World Was Wide Enough" in Hamilton I...