Saturday, March 24, 2018

#NeverAgain: The Story of [Today]


Buckle up. It's about to get political passionate


I have a problem with guns. I have an issue with the way they're used, how little they are taken seriously, and how easily they can be obtained. I understand there are several responsible gun-owning citizens in this country. I know a caring family who supported me when I had no one else around who are responsible with their guns. 

However, they aren't the problem here. 

The problem is when mentally unstable and irresponsible people get ahold of weapons of mass destruction (Yes, I'm aware that guns aren't typically classified as that, but clearly they are). 

The problem is when teachers have to show their students what to do if there's an unknown person in the school building and kids are so scared they're shaking and crying in the 5 minutes of silence it took for us to have a drill. The problem is that morale in this society is so low that we don't value human life over the almighty dollar.  

I stand with these Parkland students. I am proud to be a Floridian. "History has its eyes on [us]" because we are where this movement started. I thank my favorite artists for whom I have immense respect for putting together a beautiful musical message of hope and solidarity. 

It's no secret I bleed blue. But that doesn't matter. To quote one of these brave students: 
"This is not a race issue, a religious issue, and it's definitely not a political issue. This is a morality issue." (QUOP) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lin Manuel

“Legacy. What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” - from "The World Was Wide Enough" in Hamilton I...